No referral is needed to see a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Call us to schedule your consultation or use our convenient online form. South Jersey’s Best Physical Therapists will get you on the road to recovery and our experienced office staff will handle your insurance coverage.
Low back pain Facts
- Low back pain is the 2nd leading cause of disability in the United States and one of the most common reasons for missed work time.
- Up to 80% of individuals WITHOUT low back pain will show Positive Findings on medical imaging.
- Up to 90% of low back pain cannot be diagnosed with medical imaging and is therefore called non-specific mechanical low back pain.
What is PAIN?
Everyone agrees that pain is a universal experience. Pain is 100% produced by the brain and is divided into two categories:
- Acute Pain: Lasts a few days or weeks, is typically associated with tissue damage and people are often encouraged to stay active with progressions back to normal life.
- Chronic Pain: Continues beyond healing times and typically requires skilled management.
How can someone with chronic low back pain reduce this “threat level” and improve their quality of living?
GET PT FIRST
The average cost is $2,736 LESS when a patient is referred to physical therapy as the first line of defense against low back pain.
- Treatment of low back has evolved with greater emphasis on conservative treatment and less emphasis on MRI findings.
- Invasive procedures (surgery, injections) for low back pain have shown to be no better than physical therapy at long term follow up.
- Physical therapy interventions can include manual therapy techniques, lifestyle modifications and specific exercise.
Physical therapists are trained to determine the appropriate interventions based on examination and high quality research. Pain education (cognitive behavioral therapy) helps decrease disability and improves function in patients with chronic low back pain.
Physical Therapy Treatment at BREAKTHRU
Therapy at BREAKTHRU will consist of an individual treatment plan based on evaluation findings, subjective history, and patient individual goals. Treatment will consist of manual “hands on” techniques, specific exercises, pain education and ways to return to daily activities.
If you have been experiencing low back pain, consult one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy to determine an individual treatment strategy that’s best for you.