August is National Wellness Month, the perfect time to focus on personal health and investing in yourself. All too often, busy and hectic schedules cause us to put our own health on the back burner until we end up with chronic aches and pains, stress and anxiety, poor sleep, or illness. When we finally do go to the doctor, the remedy for such issues can be expensive and time-consuming, causing even more stress.
On the other hand, scheduling regular wellness exams can help to ease the burdens these issues have on us, or even prevent them in the first place. Not only can doctors get an idea of how a person’s body is functioning with basic screenings and blood tests, but they can also help with stress, anxiety, or sleep issues. The earlier any problems are detected, the better the chances are that we can reduce or prevent chronic health conditions.
– General exam: At this exam, your practitioner will perform preventive care, review your health history, and perform any physical examination procedures necessary based on your gender, age, and information gathered in the clinical history. Lab or diagnostic tests may be ordered.
– Eye exam: You’ll be asked about your medical history and any vision problems you might be experiencing. Several different tests may be performed during the eye exam which are designed to check your vision and to examine the appearance and function of all parts of your eyes.
– Skin exam: Having your skin checked by a dermatologist is extremely important for the early detection of skin cancer. Ideally, a skin check should be performed each year. A dermatologist can also identify any other potentially problematic skin conditions.
– Dental exam: Regular dental exams are a critical part of preventive health care.
During a dental exam, the dentist or hygienist will clean your teeth and check for cavities and gum disease as well as evaluate your risk of developing other oral problems. A dental exam might also include dental X-rays (radiographs) or other diagnostic procedures.
In addition to these traditional exams, it is a great idea to get a Physical Therapy Wellness Assessment. At Breakthru Physical Therapy, we believe that everyone should have their joints, muscles, and movement patterns assessed regularly to ensure continued physical health. That is why we have launched a campaign to promote a lifetime of pain free movement by offering wellness screens to members of our community!
During your assessment, one of our skilled therapists will:
– Take a complete musculoskeletal history and learn about your goals.
– Perform a movement screen and selected physical tests to see what is working well and what needs some help.
– Develop a plan to improve any areas of concern and help you achieve your goals.
Schedule yours today! Click Here!