Dr. Tim Salkowski PT, DPT, BFRT
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Dr. Tim’s passion for physical therapy grew from a love of physical fitness and exercise. He believes that exercise is, in most cases, our first and best line of defense against injury and pain. Throughout his clinical experiences, he has developed a passion for orthopedic and sports physical therapy. Tim has a special interest in Blood Flow Restriction Therapy, which involves low load resistance exercise combined with moderate reduction of blood flow to a working muscle to increase strength and improve cardiovascular function. The only thing Tim loves more than seeing his patients resume participation in activities they love is seeing them go on to make their health and physical fitness a priority in their lives for many years to come.
- Rutgers University 2017, Bachelor of Science
- Rutgers University 2020, Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- Certified in Blood Flow Restriction Training (BFRT)
Born: Palmyra, NJ
Currently Resides: Collingswood, NJ
Tim’s Favorite & FUN Facts:
- Health/Wellness Tip/ Quote: “The scariest moment is always just before you start” – Stephen King
- Place to Travel/Vacation: So far, New Orleans
- Restaurant: Cheesecake Factory
- Food: New York strip steak, medium, with asparagus and a baked potato
- TV Show: Game of Thrones seasons 1-6. Legend has it, Tim is still angry about Season 7.
- Movie: Jurassic Park (1993) Directed by Stephen Spielberg
- Singer/Group: The 1975
- Athlete/Celebrity: Nick Foles
- Book: 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- Sports Team: All Philly sports teams
- Hobbies: Data science as it pertains to markets such as Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, and precious metals. Playing guitar. Working out. Learning about technology and innovation.