It is estimated that 2.3 million people worldwide have work injuries every year. Injuries can range from traumatic accidents to overuse injuries from repetitive tasks, or postural pain from poor ergonomics. Different professions demand a variety of physical abilities, including strength, endurance, flexibility, and coordination. Physical therapists are trained to help you recover from injury and return to work as quickly as possible.
What Kinds of Workplace Injuries Are the Most Common?
Injuries that occur at work typically fall into five main categories:
- Strains: often caused by repetitive motions such as lifting or sitting for prolonged periods
- Slips and falls: extremely common and can occur in just about any environment
- Falling objects: may cause concussion or injury to specific body parts
- Mechanical accidents: typically involve machinery entanglements with fingers, hair, or clothing
- Motor vehicle accidents: can cause a variety of injuries, such as whiplash or concussion
How Can Physical Therapy Help?
Physical therapists are trained to provide treatment specific to the tissues injured in the work accident. A thorough examination will take place to assess the injury involving testing and evaluating movement, strength, coordination, balance, and the specific demands of the job. Our therapists will then provide a personalized treatment plan to address the injury and help you get back to work as quickly as possible.
If you were injured on the job and want to schedule an evaluation or need more information about physical therapy for work injuries, schedule an appointment with Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness here.
Please complete the form below and someone will be in touch within 24 hours to schedule your desired appointment within the next 24-48 hours.