Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness provides workers’ compensation rehabilitation services that help injured employees return to work. The goal of workers’ compensation physical therapy treatment is to restore the function, strength, endurance, and dexterity needed to perform work duties. At Breakthru PT, we also provide ergonomic education and biomechanical analyses of your work tasks to minimize the risk of injury once you return to your workplace.
You will be matched with a workers’ compensation physical therapist based on the best fit according to your specific diagnosis. Your physical therapist will create an individualized and comprehensive care plan that focuses on appropriate functional progressions to get you back to work as quickly as possible.
During your first visit, your physical therapist will take you through an extensive evaluation using standardized outcome assessments which will allow your therapist to appropriately target the capabilities of your job tasks and duties. You will be re-evaluated every 6th visit with measures of your strength, range of motion, balance, and coordination to make sure you are on track to return to work.
Our dedicated patient care coordinator will schedule all initial evaluation appointments within 24 hours of receiving a referral for workers’ compensation physical therapy services. Our coordinator will handle contacting the injured worker and the referring physician before the initial evaluation.
During the initial evaluation, the treating therapist will further discuss in detail the diagnosis, care plan, and prognosis for return to work. After the initial evaluation, the patient care coordinator will explain the appointment expectations.
Our office will also notify the adjustor, NCM, PT Coordinator of Compliance, and Utilization management with the necessary paperwork and documentation. At Breakthru PT we strive to create a coordinated and seamless workers’ compensation experience with expert care and superior communication.
Patient Engagement and Building Trust
Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness provides comprehensive, customized and outcome-driven treatments. Our workers’ compensation clients achieve outstanding results that also translate to cost savings for the employer. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality care to each patient with our fully trained and highly skilled team of physical therapists.
We are a trusted partner to every patient, employer, physician, adjuster, and case manager we work with to achieve the best results.
We encourage all injured workers to be engaged in their treatment in order to achieve the best outcome possible. We want to empower our workers’ compensation clients with both physical improvements and improved confidence to return to work which translates to saving time and money. We consistently provide the highest quality of care and standard of communication as well as customized reporting to our care partners including TPAs, adjusters, NCMs, and physicians during the treatment process.
Workers’ Compensation at Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness
Our comprehensive, customized, and outcome-driven treatments deliver outstanding results to patients and cost savings to employers. Our ability to produce phenomenal outcomes and workers’ compensation cost savings is directly correlated to our customized communication protocols including centralized scheduling.
Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness is privileged to assist you with your workers’ compensation physical therapy needs. Our dedicated patient care coordinator will handle the specific information about your case with a turnaround time of 24 hours. You can expect superior patient care and informative, timely communication through our biweekly updates to your care team throughout your treatment time with us.
With our streamlined process you are guaranteed:
- To be scheduled at the most convenient location within 24 hours
- To have your case manager or adjuster and physician notified of your appointment time, treating facility, and assigned physical therapist
- To have the required documentation regarding compliance and utilization management handled on your behalf
We strive to achieve the best possible experience for everyone involved including the injured worker, employer, physicians, and insurance provider.
The best way to avoid future workers’ compensation claims is to ensure that employees have the physical capacity to perform their job and are not asked to perform at a higher physical ability than they are able. Making sure that employees are adequately suited for the job at hand can greatly reduce the risk of injury.
Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness offers the following injury prevention services:
- Post-offer and pre-placement testing: these tests help establish the worker’s baseline physical ability so that employers know what their workers are capable of and can tailor tasks accordingly to avoid workplace injuries.
- Ergonomic worksite analysis: assesses specific work environments or job tasks for various risk factors that the workplace can be customized to promotor worker safety and performance.
- Injury prevention education training: our rehabilitation experts provide a variety of courses and seminars on the job site to help educate employees about workplace safety which is tailored to specific industries and job tasks.
- Functional job analysis: this assesses occupational information to draw conclusions about the abilities of workers to perform tasks necessary for their specific position.
- Job description analysis: this review of the requirements of a job and work performed allows our expert clinicians to evaluate the physical requirements of a specific job to determine if a worker who experiences a diminished level of capacity is able to perform the job with, or without accommodations.
Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness workers’ compensation operates with an outcome-based philosophy. We provide the highest quality of care while managing an injury claim to keep the cost to employers low is the key to obtaining a positive result.
The components to our successful injury management include:
- Customized return-to-work programs: treatment plans that are designed to suit the specific needs of workers in designated industries so that patients can get back on the job more efficiently.
- Acute treatments: physical and occupational therapy techniques to reduce inflammation, establish early mobilization, and implement an appropriate exercise routine for tissue healing.
- Post-acute treatments: physical and occupational therapy techniques to improve flexbility, strength, conditioning, and the ability to perform work-specific tasks.
- Our work reintegration center implements two different programs including:
- Work conditioning programs: designed to restore an employee’s physical capacity and function by focusing on endurance, range of motion, and motor control.
- Work hardening programs: designed to restore the physical, behavioral, and vocational function of injured employees using real and simulated work activities to improve productivity, safety, levels of physical tolerance, and ameliorate risky behaviors.
A functional capacity evaluation (FCE) is an objective, comprehensive, performance-based assessment that determines an employee’s functional ability to perform essential duties in the workplace or activities of daily living and leisure. This evaluation assesses an individual’s physical ability relative to a specific injury or illness. An FCE is an important tool to determine functional levels for a safe return-to-work following an injury.
The components to a functional capacity evaluation at Breakthru Physical Therapy + Fitness include:
- Patient’s self-described level of pain and disability
- Detailed medical history
- Examination of musculoskeletal system
- Material handling tests to evaluate ability to lift, carry, push, and pull
- Movement tests to evaluate ability to walk, reach, climb, and level of dexterity
- Positional tolerance tests to evaluate ability to stand and sit
- Evaluation of aerobic capacity
- Material, movement, or positional tests customized to the patient’s industry
- Analysis of information including patients’ level of effort
- Report that draws conclusions about the patient’s abilities based on the above evaluations