Our fitness facility is conveniently located in Medford in the Taunton Forge Shopping Center. The Breakthru Physical Therapy and Fitness Mission is to optimize the health and wellness of our community by creating a personalized pathway from rehabilitation to fitness. We strive to make fitness fun, and WE GET RESULTS. Each client is unique and given the individual attention and personal expertise needed to progress toward their fitness goals safely and efficiently.
All of our fitness experts maintain certification accredited through the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and remain up-to-date with the current trends in health and wellness.
Our certified personal trainers will take you through an extensive one-hour consultation to establish individual goals and needs. During that consultation they will take you through a functional movement screen (FMS). The FMS is a screening tool that we use to identify limitations and/or asymmetries in seven fundamental movement patterns that are crucial to functional movement quality. Observing these patterns allows our team of specialists to create the appropriate plan of corrective exercises to fill your needs, and serves as the foundation for a personalized fitness program.
Let us help you in areas of:
Functional Strength – Perform activities of daily living with ease
Post-Rehabilitation – Bridging the gap between physical therapy and fitness
Weight Loss – Creating habits to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle
Cardiovascular Conditioning -Strengthen the heart, increase your energy, and keep moving. Conditioning of the circulatory system can produce a heart that is more efficient in many beneficial ways.
Weight loss – Can decrease blood pressure, move more blood with less work; has a greater contractile force, meaning it’s more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body; It will beat more slowly at rest; More resistant to stressors; Improves capacity for work and cardiac output
Sports Performance – Training encompassing three objectives:
- Specialized: designed to work on pre-determined physical qualities deemed necessary to success in their health and reduce risk of injury
- Progressive: Scheduled training in a manner to produce optimal results over a specific amount of time with minimal risk of injury
- Transferable: a means to an end to promote high-levels of sports performance excellence in all divisions and optimal transfer from specific exercises to the athlete’s particular sport
We use standardized measurement tools to assess your current balance level and then apply best practice treatments which incorporate Tai Chi, balance exercises, unstable surface training, dynamic movement, and motor learning. Training for the ability to recover balance and base of support from any sort of postural sway following a destabilizing cause. Balance training helps: increase hip, knee, and ankle joint stabilization, increase body proprioception and awareness, improve coordination and reaction time
Breakthru offers a comprehensive, personal, evidence-based running evaluation and treatment for runners of all levels. Whether you are new to running, or trying to qualify for your next marathon, let us help you get to your finish line without pain. We offer FREE running injury screens.
Golf/Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)
We perform a biomechanical analysis based on golf-specific movements and a video analysis to detect swing faults that could be contributing to impairments in accuracy or distance. The treatment is based on the finding of the examination with focus on addressing biomechanical faults that will prevent the golfer from being able to create an efficient swing. Our team is led by TPI Certified Instructors.
Series Training & Package Training available
Series Personal Training available in Private and Semi-Private options.
- 4 times a month: Build a foundation to a stronger, healthier life!
- 8 times a month: Achieve the body you always deserved!
- 12 times a month: Achieve your Breakthru moment
** 30-minute and 60-minute options available
** Private Personal Training 7 Semi-Private Personal Training options available
Personal Training Packages also available: 1 session, 6 sessions, 12 sessions at a time with 1-year expiration from the date of purchase
Bring your body to peak performance with a tailored program for our exclusive members including Personal Training, Gym Membership, Physical Therapy, Massage & Wellness Coaching. Learn more about this special offering by calling (856) 396-2250.
The Breakthru Physical Therapy and Fitness Concierge Program is specially personalized to your whole body and well being. Carefully supervised by our team of Doctors of Physical therapy, Certified Personal Trainers and Certified Massage Therapists.
- Continuous personalized Functional Movement Screenings to assess your fitness level
- Training Sessions with a Certified Personal Trainer
- Personally guided independent training with easy access to your trainer
- Unlimited use of our fantastic gym facility
- Scheduled Massage Therapy Sessions
- Physical Therapy and stretching with our team of Doctors of Physical therapy
- Sports Performance Training
- Pain Reduction
- Stress Relieving massage with a Certified Massage Therapist
- Wellness coaching and motivation
- A Functional Movement Screen exposes any potential risks for injury and provide a movement baseline
- Functional approach to improving fitness that yields results that will help you in real life
- Goal Specific programming geared towards lifelong progress
- Efficient training to fit into your busy schedule, allowing you to get the best results in the least amount of time
- Nutritional Counseling
- Stress Reduction
- Accountability, Personalization, and Motivation
- Exercise safety by ensuring proper form, adequate rest, and proper exercise progressions.