Meet Our Team
Kevin Schnitzer PT, DPT, PCS
Doctor of Physical Therapy
I have been with Breakthru since 2007 when I started as a student. What drew me to Breakthru was the emphasis on evidence-based practice and professional development. I have kept this love for education and have served as an adjunct faculty at Rutgers University and now serve as Breakthru’s director of clinical education.
Clinically, I am interested in many diagnoses, but I have a special interest in pediatrics and sports medicine. I love manual therapies and incorporate them into almost all of my treatments. My specialty areas and areas of interest include pediatric sports medicine and orthopedics, concussion management, scoliosis management, running, and endurance sports, spine, and general orthopedics.
I have had specialty training in the areas of manual therapy for the extremities and spine, concussion, kinesiotaping, active release, golf assessment, and others.
I like working with a variety of patients but particularly enjoy working with patients that have not responded to therapy and trying to figure out what didn’t work and how I can get them better.
I take a lot of pride in what I do and put a lot of critical thought into my care. What got me interested in physical therapy is my love to help people and my involvement in Jujitsu.
- Rutgers University 2004, Exercise Science and Sports Studies
- Rutgers University 2007, Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Temple University 2010, Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy (PCS)
- Certified Schroth Therapist, C2
- Certified ImPact Trained Physical Therapist (ITPT)
- Certified Mulligan Practitioner (CMP)
- Certified LSVT BIG Therapist for Parkinson’s
- Certified in the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Certified in the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT)
- Certified in Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP)
- Certified TPI Practitioner
Now lives: Mt Laurel, New Jersey
Tip: Keep moving. Smile more. Love a lot!
Kevin’s Favorite & FUN Facts:
- Place: Anywhere I go with my family
- Restaurant: Any Italian or Chinese
- Food: popcorn, ice cream, peanut butter and jelly, apple juice
- Vacation: Honeymoon in Cancun, Skyline drive, Vermont
- City: No idea… Boston was cool
- TV show: Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, Ninja Warrior, The Office, MythBusters
- Film: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Princess Bride, The Matrix, Karate Kid
- Singer/Group: Aerosmith, kid rock, Louis Armstrong, Fallout boy
- Celebrity: Steve Carell, Jim Parsons, Will Ferrell
- Book: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Da Vinci Code, Netter’s Anatomy Atlas
- Sports: Football, MMA, Ninja Warrior
- Team: Eagles
Spending time with family, Martial Arts, hiking